- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Walgreens offers free blood-pressure testing in support of American Heart Month
WASHINGTON — The National Association of Chain Drug Stores is participating in the U.S. Senate Health Fair, held here on Oct. 13 and 14, in the U.S. Senate office complex.
NACDS coordinated an exhibit to demonstrate the importance of pharmacist-patient interaction and the valuable role that pharmacy plays in helping patients take their medication properly.
Pharmacists from NACDS members Walgreens and Supervalu are offering blood pressure screenings, counseling staffers on proper medication use, answering questions on health issues and providing advice on predispositions to chronic diseases.
“NACDS is pleased to once again participate in the Senate Health Fair, showcasing the true value of the pharmacist-patient interaction,” stated NACDS president and CEO Steve Anderson. “As the face of neighborhood healthcare, pharmacy is part of the solution in helping patients improve their health as well as reducing healthcare costs across the board.”