- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NCPA survey: Drugs often don't make it to patients' hands due to efforts to combat prescription drug abuse
MONMOUTH JUNCTION, N.J. — Tris Pharma on Tuesday announced its relaunch of the MyKidz Iron product line, which includes two supplement products and one prescription-only product.
MyKidz Iron was launched in 2007 by NextWave Pharmaceuticals. In August 2010, NextWave partnered with Tris on developing medicines focused on the central nervous system. As part of that partnership, all non-CNS over-the-counter products were acquired by Tris.
MyKidz Iron products are a line of iron supplements without the strong metallic taste common to other marketed iron supplements, the company stated. The formula contains a berry/banana fruit flavor that helps to increase compliance.
Three formulations currently are available:
MyKidz Iron, an iron supplement with vitamins A, C and D;
MyKidz Iron 10, a high-dose, iron-only supplement; and
MyKidz Iron FL, a prescription iron supplement with vitamins A, C and D, plus fluoride.
Tris Pharma has launched a new website with detailed information about these iron supplements. For more information, including full prescribing information, visit MyKidzIron.com.