- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Harris Poll: 59% of shoppers won't change holiday spending even with possible government shutdown on horizon
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
SCARSDALE, N.Y. — Natural food retailer Mrs. Green's Natural Market confirmed its acquisition of seven Superfresh grocery locations in Maryland and one Superfresh location in Washington, D.C., from the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co.
"This investment is part of a strategy to grow our concept in underserved regions," said Matt Williams, CEO of Mrs. Green's parent company, Natural Market Restaurants. "We have been exploring several options in Maryland and Washington, D.C., and this acquisition is a tremendous first step in providing consumers with healthy, natural and affordable food choices."
As previously reported by Drug Store News, A&P auctioned off 25 Southern Superfresh locations as it implements its financial and operational restructuring.