- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
ROCHESTER, N.Y., and EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. Both Wegmans and Supervalu recently announced the availability of flu shots at their respective pharmacies.
Wegmans will hold seasonal flu shot clinics in most of its stores beginning in late September by appointment for customers 19 years of age and older. This season’s flu shot also contains the H1N1 vaccine and is administered in an injectable form, Wegmans stated.
Supervalu’s 800-plus pharmacy locations will be able to provide flu vaccinations daily, on a walk-in basis. In addition, stores without pharmacies and some stores with pharmacies will host walk-in flu shot clinics, the grocer stated. Specially trained and certified pharmacists currently are available to administer the traditional flu vaccine, needle-free FluMist nasal spray and the new Fluzone High Dose for patients ages 65 years and older during regular pharmacy hours.
In addition, customers who receive a flu shot at Supervalu pharmacy locations will receive a coupon book, worth $50 or more in savings, and a small sample bag with items that contribute to a healthier cough, cold and flu season.