- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
SAN ANTONIO — Mission Pharmacal on Tuesday announced today that it is expanding distribution of Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment through all Walgreens locations and on Walgreens.com. The company also announced that Kroger will offer the product in all of its stores. Walmart has increased the number of locations offering the product, making the ointment available in many of its stores throughout the country.
“When the late Dr. Smith created this ointment in 1963, his dream was to one day make this product available nationwide,” stated Neill Walsdorf, Jr. Mission Pharmacal president. “And now, on its 50th anniversary, we are proud to say that we made his dream a reality.”
In addition to the 10,000-plus new locations, other leading regional retailers currently offering Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment include Albertson’s, H-E-B, Publix, Harris Teeter, Ingles and Schnucks. The ointment also can be purchased online through Amazon.com and Drugstore.com.
A national marketing campaign will launch at the end of July to connect with parents who may not know about Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment and with parents who already love the brand.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.