- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
- MinuteClinic enters New Hampshire, forms new clinical collaboration
WOONSOCKET, R.I., and MARLTON, N.J. — Looking to promote MinuteClinic services and its clinical collaboration with Virtua, the companies are reaching out to residents in southern New Jersey via direct mailings. “Where to go when you’re sick or injured. New options for quality, convenient care,” the mailing states. It also lists information for both MinuteClinic and Virtua clinic locations and highlights the fact that no appointment is needed.
As announced in November 2012, CVS Caremark’s MinuteClinic and Virtua, southern New Jersey’s largest healthcare provider, inked a clinical collaboration to enhance access to care in three counties in the region. Virtua physicians serve as medical directors for five MinuteClinic locations. In addition, MinuteClinic and Virtua are collaborating on patient education and disease-management initiatives.
Referring to Virtua’s promotional efforts, Nancy Gagliano, MinuteClinic chief medical officer, said: “Virtua is educating its patients on how MinuteClinic can be an additional point of care within its network, and is also helping patients understand when it is appropriate to visit one of our clinics to help reduce wait times and lower the cost of care.”