- CVS Caremark names new president of CVS/pharmacy
- CVS Caremark's Jim Trappani steps down
- Merlo puts stamp on his leadership in fourth-quarter earnings call
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS Caremark’s in-store health clinic business MinuteClinic has opened a new clinic inside the CVS/pharmacy store in downtown Charleston, S.C. — marking the first clinic to open in the Charleston metro area and MinuteClinic's 17th location in South Carolina.
MinuteClinic plans to open seven additional clinics along the South Carolina coast between now and early 2012. The new clinics will be located in the Charleston, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach metropolitan areas.
"Since opening our first store-based clinic in South Carolina in 2008, we have helped to expand access to high-quality, convenient and affordable care to thousands of residents who have visited us at convenient CVS/pharmacy locations near where they live and work," stated Andrew Sussman, president of MinuteClinic and SVP/associate chief medical officer for CVS Caremark. "We are committed to making our innovative model of care part of South Carolina's efforts to broaden access to quality health services."