- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- MinuteClinic enters New Hampshire, forms new clinical collaboration
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — MinuteClinic is offering free diabetes screenings during November to mark Diabetes Month.
MinuteClinic, which operates 600 clinics inside CVS/pharmacy stores, said the screening would include a general assessment of lifestyle risk factors for diabetes, followed by a blood glucose test for which patients will receive immediate results and recommendations from the clinic's practitioner, who can also answer questions and refer patients to primary care physicians. The clinics also offer comprehensive health condition monitoring for people with diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
"Approximately 7 million Americans are living undiagnosed with diabetes or pre-diabetes, putting them at risk for serious complications," MinuteClinic chief medical officer Nancy Gagliano said. "By providing convenient diabetes screenings at no cost, we hope to expand awareness of diabetes risk factors and help put some of our patients back on the path to better health."