- Walmart Foundation’s Colorado State Giving Program awards $321,000 to eight nonprofits
- Quantum Health hires former MillerCoors VP sales as CEO
- Supervalu to open Colorado DC to feed Denver market
- UrgentRx partners with Denver-area sports franchises to be 'Official Sponsor of Game Day Relief'
- New Bartell Drug location offers beer on tap
DENVER — The joint venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors has appointed a new CEO.
MillerCoors on Wednesday said that it is promoting its current chief commercial officer, Tom Long, to CEO, following the retirement of current CEO Leo Kiely, who will leave his post June 1.
Long and Kiely have shared duties in the office of the president and CEO since September 2010 in preparation for this move. The succession plan is consistent with plans made in late 2007 when Molson Coors and SABMiller originally struck the deal to form MillerCoors with the goal of creating a stronger, more competitive U.S. brewer.
Long joined the Miller Brewing in 2005 and served as its CEO and chief marketing officer. Before that, he worked for 17 years at Coca-Cola in various leadership positions.