LOS ANGELES — Multicultural cosmetics brand Milani has hit the ground running this year with a new leadership team, a re-energized brand platform and marketing and communications plans to enter its next evolution in business in 2014.
As the brand embarks on its next stage of evolution, a new team of executives has taken on leadership roles at Milani:
- Rhonda Baron, VP of sales and business development: An executive with more than 20 years of related industry experience of driving revenue growth for companies, including Chrislie Formulations, Almay/Revlon and Sally Hansen. Baron will oversee the next phase of the company's sales growth in the United States and abroad;
- Cindy Cirlin, SVP of product development: Cirlin has more than 25 years of experience creating products and restaging existing SKUs for such brands as L'Oréal, Estée Lauder and Revlon;
- Gina Hagen, CFO: A 20-year beauty industry veteran, Hagen has been a contributor to creating value for companies, including OPI, a division of Coty and Trust Company of the West;
- Surawati (Lia) Tirta, VP regulatory: Previously, Tirta served as global regulatory compliance manager at OPI for more than six years, and Natrol as regulatory affairs administrator. Tirta handles evaluation of all product labels and operating procedures to ensure USFDA, EU and Canada compliance claims; and
- Mona Monaghan-Kelliher, chief marketing officer: Monaghan-Kelliher has more than two decades of experience in senior level marketing and business management positions. Her portfolio consists of managing partner of the MMK Group, North America; SVP and GM of Sally Hansen; VP marketing at Estee Lauder; and senior marketing positions at Revlon, both domestically and abroad. Monaghan-Kelliher is responsible for the company's domestic and global marketing strategies, brand positioning, new product development, advertising, digital marketing, social media, customer insights, creative and sales.
With the new team in place, Milani Cosmetics has just completed two market research studies, which were used in developing all marketing strategies. Milani stated that it will kick off the spring season with print advertising, digital and social initiatives, promotional activities at retail, a revamped website and a public relations campaign across multiple media channels.
In addition, Milani introduced this month a cosmetics portfolio that includes problem-solving lip and brow beauty products. Taking the brand to even greater heights, Milani will launch two products in the nail and eye categories in the second half of the year. Positioned as the first of their kind, each collection combines formulations and patented technology with daring color palettes.
Milani Cosmetics are currently available in all CVS and Kmart stores and select Walmart and Walgreen stores, with plans to expand exponentially in both domestic and international markets in 2014.