- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
- Kmart, Sears offer early online holiday shopping for Shop Your Way members
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Sears Holdings' SVP procurement and finance has been promoted.
Deidra Cheeks Merriwether now holds the title of SVP and president of retail services, succeeding James Haworth. In this role, Merriwether, who joined the corporation in 2001, will be responsible for the oversight and leadership of retail services for the broadline retailer's Kmart and Sears stores.
Merriwether currently serves as a member of Sears Canada's board of directors and is the executive sponsor of the company's African-American Associate Network.
"Deidra is an accomplished leader," said Bruce Johnson, interim CEO and president of Sears Holdings. "She has a keen understanding of the retail business. Her past experiences within the company, along with a demonstrated success in creating and inspiring high-performance teams that are focused on satisfying the customer make her a perfect fit for this role."