- Chickenpox vaccine does not appear to increase incidence of shingles, study finds
- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
- HPV vaccination rates among girls stalled in 2012, CDC says
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Study: Whooping cough vaccine may not prevent infection
BARRINGTON, Ill. Merix Pharmaceutical unveiled its new Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment this month while attending the ECRM Cough, Cold and Allergy conference in Dallas.
The only OTC treatment for genital herpes, Fast-Results! answers an unmet need of people who suffer painful symptoms associated with genital herpes outbreaks. Designed to be used in conjunction with prescription medication, Fast-Results! also brings needed treatment to consumers who cannot afford prescription medication.
Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment is comprised of Merix’ patented technology Viracea, which contains an approved ingredient under the FDA OTC antiseptic/antimicrobial monograph, the company stated. At clinical trial, Viracea was shown to be effective in lesions caused by herpes.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16% of Americans currently suffer from genital herpes, which equates to approximately 37 million adults.
“We believe there is a very strong market need for this product,” stated Merix CEO Meryl Squires. Several major retailers have already committed to carrying Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment, Squires said. CVS will begin stocking in mid-May, soon thereafter followed by Rite Aid.