- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- Local flavor: Meijer's Michigan stores to feature food products made in the state
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
- Meijer donates semi-tractors to support Midwest communities
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer's Simply Give Week garnered more than $145,000 in donations from its customers. The effort, combined with the commitment from Meijer to double all donations made Sept. 2 to 8, brought the week's total donation to $437,400, Meijer co-chairman Hank Meijer said.
Meijer launched Simply Give Week to support Hunger Action Month in September and highlights its continuing commitment to hunger relief.
"We were hoping Simply Give week would generate excitement to help support our food pantry partners, and our customers and team members supported us in a big way," Meijer said. "This week's donation far surpassed our single most successful week of $60,000 in donations. The great generosity of our customers and team members is a source of inspiration for all of us. We cannot thank them enough."
Although the double match has concluded, customers can still donate to the fall Simply Give campaign, which runs through Oct. 6.
"This is a huge win for our food pantry partners, who aggressively engaged the community to help every $10 donation stretch even farther," Meijer EVP retail operations Janet Emerson said. "It's very rewarding to work with so many food pantries whose dedication to food-giving is unwavering."
Meijer donates more than 6% of its net profits each year to a variety of charitable organizations, including food pantries through Simply Give. The Simply Give program runs three times each year for approximately 10 weeks.