- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Meijer to match donations to program for food pantries 2-to-1
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Meijer offers rewards on baby items through mPerks program
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer announced that its most recent food pantry donation program has exceeded $2 million in total food donations.
According to the retailer, its latest Simply Give program, which ran from March 20 through May 14, garnered more than $270,000 in donations for 195 local food pantries. Overall, the program, which debuted in November 2008 and aims to replenish the shelves of local food pantries in each city and town where a Meijer store is located, has helped to feed more than 250,000 families throughout the Midwest.
"We appreciate the support and commitment of our generous customers as we reach out to those in our local communities who need help in the fight against hunger," Meijer EVP operations Janet Emerson said. "We are extremely proud to have surpassed the $2 million donation mark and, with the support of our customers, plan to continue to help ease the burden of local food pantries."