- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Meijer to match donations to program for food pantries 2-to-1
- Meijer offers rewards on baby items through mPerks program
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer will fund local food pantries by doubling every customer's $10 donation next month, the mass-merchandise retailer said.
As part of the spring "Simply Give" campaign, the company will double donations made April 12-13 to restock shelves of pantries that were depleted during the holidays. Meijer said customers have donated nearly $5 million — equal to 30 million meals — since November 2008.
"Our customers never cease to amaze us with their continued support of our Simply Give program," co-chairman Hank Meijer said. "This initiative is a great way to thank them for their generosity by stretching their hard-earned contributions even further and ensuring our food pantry partners have the supplies they need to feed an increasing number of hungry neighbors."