- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- Meijer raises $1.2 million through Simply Give campaign
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Meijer offers free flu, strep tests and dispenses drugs at some Mich. stores as part of NACDS Foundation-supported study
- Meijer launches complimentary Wi-Fi service in its stores
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — After exceeding more than $2 million in food and donations, Meijer announced that it once again has launched the Simply Give campaign throughout its stores.
The latest campaign, which will run through Sept. 24, aims to restock the shelves of nearly 200 local food pantries in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky, Meijer said. The program has been running for nearly three years and encourages shoppers to purchase $10 Meijer food pantry donation card at special displays throughout the store, as well as Meijer gas stations and pharmacies, which then are converted into Meijer Gift cards and given to the local food pantry selected by the store.
Meijer's last Simply Give campaign, which ran in the spring, garnered more than $270,000 for 195 local food pantries.