- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Meijer offers free flu, strep tests and dispenses drugs at some Mich. stores as part of NACDS Foundation-supported study
- Meijer raises $1.2 million through Simply Give campaign
- Meijer launches complimentary Wi-Fi service in its stores
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A campaign run by Midwestern mass-merchandise chain Meijer to raise money for food banks has netted more than half a million dollars, the company said.
Meijer said customers donated $184,230 during Simply Give Double Match Days to help food pantries around the Midwest stock shelves, and Meijer double-matched the donations for a total of $552,690.
"The tremendous generosity of our customers is an inspiration for us all, and we cannot thank them enough for their partnership," co-chairman Doug Meijer said. "Our Simply Give program, along with the double-match efforts, really helps make a difference for all our struggling neighbors."