- Target tests new baby sections at 10 Chicago stores
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer has brought its Marketplace format to the Chicago area.
The new Meijer Marketplace is located in Cermak Plaza of Berwyn, Ill. At more than 91,000 sq. ft., the Berwyn-based Meijer Marketplace features national and Meijer-branded grocery items, along with a full-service pharmacy offering a variety of national and Meijer-branded health and beauty products.
"We are very pleased to continue our growth in Chicagoland," Meijer co-chairman Hank Meijer said. "Our team has worked very hard to get our new Berwyn store ready, and we're excited to bring the Meijer difference to customers in Berwyn and the surrounding communities."
Meijer opened its first Chicago-area store in Bolingbrook in 1999. With the addition of the Berwyn store, Meijer now has 15 stores in the Chicago area ranging in size from full supercenters to the smaller Marketplace concepts. More than 180 new jobs were created by the opening of the new Berwyn Marketplace store.