- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
- Meijer offers free flu, strep tests and dispenses drugs at some Mich. stores as part of NACDS Foundation-supported study
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer expects its pharmacists to administer 40% more flu shots this season than last year due to increased demand, the mass-merchandise retailer said.
The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based chain, which operates 203 stores in the Midwest, said walk-in services and new options for flu shots had made it easier and more appealing for families to get vaccinated.
"Meijer customers know that we're making it easy for them to take care of their families by offering walk-in services and a variety of immunization choices to better meet their needs," Meijer Drug Store VP Nat Love said. "If one person in your family is sick, chances are the illness will circulate throughout your home. The flu vaccine really is your best defense for keeping your entire family healthy."