- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Deloitte survey: Employers say outcomes-based medicine is answer to healthcare woes
RALEIGH, N.C. — Business Leader Magazine has given its 2011 Movers & Shakers Award to Nancy McFarlane, president of specialty pharmacy provider MedPro Rx, the company said.
McFarlane founded MedPro Rx in 2002 and has since led it to be a multimillion dollar company, the company said. Since then, it has launched several community outreach programs, including the "Education is Power" scholarship program, through which the pharmacy has awarded nearly $300,000 to students nationwide who are living with bleeding disorders, a disease state in which it specializes.
MedPro Rx also supports groups like the Hemophilia Foundation of North Carolina, the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America, the Neuropathy Association and others.
McFarlane also was elected to the Raleigh, N.C., city council in 2007, is mayor pro tem for the city and is a candidate in the October 2011 mayoral race.
"It is an honor to be recognized for an award that has been given to many of the Triangle's top leaders and executives," McFarlane said. "The hard work and dedication that these leaders have provided in supporting their businesses, their employees and the Triangle is what makes our area one of the bets places to live and work."