- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- Q&A with Stephen Courtman: The next steps for Health Mart
- CMS Medicare analysis found mail order more expensive than community pharmacy across 21 plans
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J. — Sales at Medco Health Solutions increased to $16.9 billion during fourth quarter 2010 and to $66 billion for the fiscal year as a whole, representing respective 11.1% and 10.3% increases over the same periods the year before, the pharmacy benefit manager said Tuesday.
Profits for the quarter were $378.5 million, a 10.8% increase over fourth quarter 2009, while profits for the year were $1.4 billion, an 11.5% increase over fiscal year 2009.
Specialty pharmacy sales for the quarter were nearly $3 billion and were more than $11.3 billion for the year, representing respective increases of 21.3% and 19.1% over the year before. The generic dispensing rate increased by 3.9% to 72.2% for the quarter, while increasing by 3.5% to 71% for the year as a whole.