- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- McKesson names new EVP, CFO
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Medbox, a provider of industry specific services and systems to the medical and retail industries, has announced two senior-level appointments.
- Matt Feinstein was named VP. He will assist the company's sales, marketing and operations. He previously held leadership positions in nationally recognized companies and has expertise in driving nationwide rollouts of automated retail technology. He served as operational supervisor at Redbox, helping to develop policy and procedures. He was then recruited to take on the role of director of operation at minuteKEY, a self-service key duplicating kiosk company.
- Thomas Iwanski was named CFO. Iwanski is a CPA with more than 23 years of executive management, corporate governance and financial experience, including 18 years with publicly traded companies. He has served as a CFO before for such companies as Wahlco Environmental Systems, Computer Marketplace, NetVantage, Prolong International Corp. and Pacific Health Care Organization. Additionally, he brings to the company 10 years of public accounting experience with the Big 4 firm KPMG.
"As we scale our business, expand into new states and solidify our presence in this rapidly growing industry, it is important to bolster our senior team," Vincent Mehdizadeh, chief operations officer and board chairman at Medbox, said. "These appointments are part of that effort, adding significant experience and proven leadership to our growing organization. We have worked with both Matt and Tom for several months, and they add proven experience in the manufacturing and implementation of retail and franchise related businesses as well as financial management and public company oversight, respectively speaking. We are also announcing our first independent director this month. A name that is sure to impress our shareholders and the public at large and also speaks volumes on how far we have progressed as a company."