- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Medbox has acquired Prescription Vending Machines and will operate it as a wholly owned subsidiary, Medbox said.
Founded in 2008, Prescription Vending Machines makes a biometric medicine dispensing system that can dispense drugs available form pharmacies, doctors' offices, hospitals, urgent care centers and alternative medicine clinics. The company has installed more than 100 machines and point of sale systems worldwide.
Financial details of the acquisition were not given, but Prescription Vending Machines has had more than $6 million in sales since 2010.