- Survey: Half of those with chronic disease suffer from chronic sleep problems
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
- Sweet Dreams collection makes its debut
- Walgreens partners with family support group Tomorrow's Child
- Meda enters OTC oral care arena with acquisition of ZpearPoint AS
SOLNA, Sweden — Meda announced Friday that it has signed an agreement to acquire MidNite, an OTC sleep-aid product. MidNite is well established in the U.S. and holds a market leading position within a growing category. Transaction terms were not disclosed.
“This acquisition enhances our presence in the U.S. ahead of other future OTC launches," stated Anders Lönner, CEO of Meda.
Annualized revenues for MidNite are approximately $15 million, the company reported.