THE WOODLANDS, Texas and SUMMIT, N.J. — McKesson Specialty Health has announced the integration of its distribution services with General Medical Services’ Physician Office Drug Inventory System, an alliance that creates the first end-to-end integrated inventory and order-to-reimbursement verification solution designed specifically for ophthalmologists.
“Drug inventory control has become an important aspect of ophthalmology practice management. As the leading inventory management solution provider in ophthalmology, we are excited to offer this unique solution with McKesson Specialty Health. For the first time, ophthalmology providers have seamless access to a full spectrum of specialty drugs through an optimized system that tracks each dose from order to payment receipt, taking drug management to new levels of performance. We are confident this will result in overall cost savings to the practice,” stated GMS CEO Steven Madreperla.
Benefits of the new integrated inventory solution include:
- Ordering and distribution services for specialty drugs;
- Order accuracy and on-time drug delivery;
- Product integrity and quality;
- Exemplary customer service; and
- Competitive pricing.
An automated inventory management and payment verification system that provides:
- Increased efficiency with automated ordering functionality, including split lot orders;
- Real-time order tracking and direct payment;
- Charge capture, billing accuracy and payment verification with complete process transparency; and
- Reduced administration time.