- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
ORLANDO, Fla. — McKesson Corp. showcased several new solutions at the 115th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition of the National Community Pharmacists Association held here, the wholesaler announced Monday.
“The NCPA is dedicated to the continuing growth and prosperity of independent community pharmacy, which, in today’s dynamic healthcare landscape, means taking advantage of the tremendous opportunity for community pharmacies to grow their practices and expand their roles as healthcare providers,” stated Mark Walchirk, president, McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical.
“Health Mart is constantly looking for opportunities to help our pharmacies deepen the local relationships they have in their communities,” added Steve Courtman, president Health Mart. “New offerings such as a mobile app, adherence support programs and fresh marketing materials provide the pharmacies with new tools to grow these relationships and build trust, which is critical to improving a patient’s health, ensuring loyalty and building the pharmacy business.”
McKesson highlighted the following offerings at NCPA:
- New mobile app for Your Pharmacy Online. Health Mart showcased its newly launched mobile application, the latest component of the Your Pharmacy Online consumer-facing pharmacy website. The mobile app gives patients more on-the-go prescription-management options, including placing refill requests, receiving reminders or learning about in-store promotions. The new communication tool can help improve patient medication adherence and drive positive health outcomes, while increasing prescription volume;
- Local Marketing Support. Health Mart featured its Local Marketing Support program, designed to help owners market their store to the local community. Anticipated to be available in November, the program will help franchise owners attract new patients and retain current customers;
- New tools to maximize the adherence opportunity. Health Mart provided attendees with information on new adherence opportunities available to retail pharmacies, such as medication therapy management and behavioral coaching. Attendees learned about the importance of measurable clinical results, Star Ratings and how to best position their pharmacy to participate in preferred, performance-based programs;
- New store design. With the guidance of experienced retail experts, Health Mart has updated its store design and décor to help create a shopper-friendly atmosphere with easier access to the pharmacist. The new store design is scalable, affordable and adaptable to almost any store footprint;
- Supporting pharmacy ownership. McKesson Ownership Advisors were on-hand providing information to existing or prospective pharmacy owners on programs that can help them establish a new business or grow their current business through expansion into multiple pharmacies. McKesson’s RxOwnership program is dedicated to providing independent pharmacy owners, prospective owners and pharmacy students with tools to help them map out their future. “Since the RxOwnership program’s inception in 2008, we have been involved in more than 700 pharmacy buy, sell or transfer deals and supported 1,300 startups,” commented Bob Graul, national VP RxOwnership. “Whatever your ownership goals are — own your first store, purchase additional stores or even sell your current store — RxOwnership can help.”;
- Supporting expansion into long-term care. McKesson understands the alternate site pharmacy business and offers support to pharmacies looking to expand into or grow their long-term care, infusion and specialty pharmacy services. McKesson Alternate Site Pharmacy provides a wide range of products and solutions, such as customized packaging, inventory management, Six Sigma workflow analysis, 340B support and software and tools for revenue growth; and
- Physician Outreach Program. Available to alternate site pharmacies to help identify new referral stream opportunities, build relationships with healthcare professionals in their community and increase efficiency. McKesson’s Physician Outreach Program for alternate site pharmacies is an easy-to-use online search tool that provides physician-specific data on more than 1 million prescribers and helps identify skilled nursing facilities, home healthcare agencies and 340B hospitals in a specific area. Users can also find best practices and templates to build and execute marketing plans for success.