SAN FRANCISCO — Registration is now open for McKesson ideaShare 2014, McKesson’s annual education and networking event for independent pharmacy owners from across the nation. This year’s conference will take place July 20–24, 2014, at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando, Fla. For more than three decades, McKesson’s annual trade show and conference has provided opportunities for attendees to share best practices and learn about the latest trends, technology and clinical solutions to help them better serve their patients and achieve better pharmacy health.
“McKesson ideaShare offers community pharmacy owners and pharmacy staff a unique forum for learning from industry experts and sharing ideas with their peers so that they return to their pharmacy with fresh thinking on how to best serve their patients and improve their pharmacy’s profitability,” said Mark Walchirk, president, McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical. “Community pharmacists play a critically important role in their patients’ journey toward better health, and McKesson is committed to being a trusted partner to community pharmacy.”
Some of the highlights of McKesson ideaShare 2014 include:
- Opening General Session: McKesson executives will discuss how McKesson is helping independent retail pharmacies achieve better pharmacy health and announce McKesson’s Pharmacy of the Year winners;
- Public Policy Forum: McKesson’s SVP of public affairs, Ann Richardson Berkey, will share an overview of the federal and state policy landscape, including the issues most relevant to community pharmacy;
- Health Mart Annual Meeting: Health Mart, which has more than 3,200 members, will host its Annual Meeting and facilitate discussion and planning groups at the event. Health Mart leaders will provide an update on the business and share how Health Mart continues to evolve to support the diverse needs of members, payers, providers and patients. Following the meeting, members can attend Health Mart University courses focused on local marketing and clinical care;
- Seminars and Continuing Education courses: More than 30 Continuing Education courses will be available, including such topics as “How to Start a Pharmacy: Your Roadmap to Ownership,” “Coaching at the Counter — Opportunities for Enhancing Communication with a Patient-Centered Approach,” “Implementing Medication Synchronization,” and “Effective Pharmacy Management — What Others Are Doing That Really Works.” Additionally, there will be a variety of interactive seminars focused on helping pharmacies better serve their patients and build their business success, with special emphasis on clinical services, new drug therapies, merchandising and front-end performance, financial management and succession planning;
- Ownership Transfer Luncheon: For the seventh year, McKesson’s RxOwnership team will host an interactive luncheon where attendees will analyze two pharmacy ownership case studies in small groups, share their thoughts, and learn the real-life outcome for each case study;
- Trade Show Floor featuring more than 200 exhibitors: Hundreds of industry suppliers will present their newest products and services and offer special deals for retail pharmacy. Demonstrations of McKesson’s latest pharmacy automation and pharmacy-management technologies will be available. Attendees can learn more about McKesson’s portfolio of revenue-generating clinical services, such as medication therapy management, vaccination programs and award-winning behavioral counseling programs. Health Mart will debut its latest programs and solutions including local marketing tools and solutions designed to increase patient adherence and pharmacy performance. The Trade Show Floor will once again feature a full-size Health Mart model store, where attendees can experience the full capabilities of Health Mart and see the latest in design and décor; and
- Final Night Party: To close out the week, attendees will head to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.