SAN FRANCISCO — McKesson Corporation will host community pharmacy owners and pharmacists at the McKesson ideaShare 2013 Conference, June 26-30, at the Venetian Resort Hotel in Las Vegas, the wholesaler announced Wednesday.
“For more than 30 years, we’ve seen tremendous energy and exchange of ideas at McKesson ideaShare, reinforcing the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of community pharmacy,” stated Mark Walchirk, president, McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical. “McKesson ideaShare is truly an opportunity for community pharmacies to learn from — and inspire — one another to implement new ideas for long-term success.”
As McKesson’s annual community pharmacy trade show and conference, McKesson ideaShare is an education and networking event for independent retail pharmacies. This year’s event will provide a forum for attendees to share best practices and learn about solutions that address core aspects of running a better pharmacy business, achieving better results for patients and creating a better future for the pharmacy profession, the company stated.
Attendees will benefit from a variety of educational and networking opportunities, including:
- Opening General Session with futurist David Houle. Best-selling author and futurist, David Houle will address “The New Health Age and Emerging Pharmacy Trends,” discussing the upcoming changes to the healthcare system and the emerging opportunities for community pharmacy to elevate its role and impact on patient health. McKesson executives will share highlights on how McKesson is helping customers achieve better pharmacy health and announce McKesson’s Pharmacy of the Year winners;
- Public Policy Forum. McKesson’s SVP public affairs Ann Richardson Berkey will provide an overview of the federal and state policy landscape, including issues specifically relevant to community pharmacy. Plus, this year’s guest speaker Jon Kingsdale was one of the consultants on healthcare legislation including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. He will provide insights into the future of health care and what it will mean for pharmacies and their patients;
- Health Mart Annual Meeting. Health Mart, which has more than 3,000 members, will host its Annual Meeting and facilitate discussion and planning groups at the event. The Health Mart leadership team will showcase retailing principles that have made Health Mart a compelling success story in retail pharmacy and ranked highest in customer satisfaction in J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study for the third time in four years;
- Ownership Transfer Luncheon. For the sixth year, McKesson’s RxOwnership team will host this annual luncheon where attendees will analyze two case studies in small groups, share their thoughts and learn the real-life outcome for each case study and how it can be applied today;
- Seminars and Continuing Education courses. Dozens of expert-led seminars and CE courses will be available. Topics will include how sponsored clinical services fit into pharmacy workflow; how to improve patient care and deliver new revenues; a breakdown of the next-generation in front-end performance; new drug therapies; local marketing programs; financial management; and succession planning; and
- Trade Show. The McKesson ideaShare will feature a trade show floor with more than 200 exhibitors who will display the latest products and services, including pharmacy-automation and pharmacy-management technologies.
Online registration is available at www.McKessonideaShare.com.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.