- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
SAN FRANCISCO — McKesson on Monday announced that thousands of independent pharmacy owners from across the nation will convene at the McKesson IdeaShare 2012 Conference at the Venetian Resort Hotel in Las Vegas from June 24 to 28.
“Community pharmacies dispense nearly half of the nation’s prescription medicines. McKesson is proud to provide the clinical, technology and business-building solutions community pharmacies need to help improve the profitability and efficiency of their businesses,” stated Brian Tyler, president, McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical. “For more than 30 years, McKesson has enjoyed hosting this event where pharmacists from across the country share in the ideas and innovation that are helping to drive the growth of community pharmacy.”
McKesson IdeaShare 2012 will feature dozens of sessions, including continuing education courses, a public policy forum and an ownership transfer luncheon. There also will be a variety of targeted interactive seminars focused on helping pharmacies increase efficiency and profitability, with special emphasis on clinical services, reimbursement, front-end solutions, marketing, technology and pharmacy operations.
More than 200 exhibitors will display solutions for retail pharmacy, including diabetes care and home healthcare products, retail accessories, and pharmacy technology and automation.
Health Mart, the nation’s fourth-largest pharmacy network, will host its Annual Meeting and facilitate discussion and planning groups at the event.