BLOOMINGTON, Minn. Mayo Clinic is looking to set up a facility at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn., that would augment services offered at Mayo Clinic.
"Mall of America provides an opportunity to offer patient services outside of traditional care models and enhance convenience and connectivity to Mayo Clinic," stated Glenn Forbes, CEO of Mayo Clinic, Rochester. "Mayo Clinic’s patient population aligns strongly with the Mall of America’s guests."
The Mall of America attracts more than 40 million visitors from more than 32 countries.
Over the next 12 months, Mayo Clinic will define how the new facility will complement its existing presence in Minnesota. Some potential concepts include, but are not limited to:
- New models for screening and prevention: Focus on testing, counseling and screening with prevention plan development;
- Services for new and returning Mayo Clinic patients: Helping patients with access, appointments, logistics and other questions related to Mayo Clinic services;
- Programs that ease/speed access to such core Mayo Clinic programs as transplants;
- Comprehensive programs that meet the needs of international patients; and
- Education/input opportunities: Unique, new ways to get broad input around new models for delivering care to patients; new products and service prototypes; and deliver health education to the general public.