- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid launches marketing campaign for Wellness65+
AVON, Conn. — Rite Aid chairman Mary Sammons has been appointed to Magellan Health Services’ board of directors, Magellan said.
The addition of Sammons increases the number of members on Magellan’s board to nine. Sammons began at Rite Aid as president and COO in 1999, becoming CEO in 2003 and chairman in 2007. The current president and CEO is John Standley.
“Mary Sammons is an experienced business leader with significant knowledge of the healthcare industry, and we are pleased that she is joining our board,” Magellan chairman and CEO Rene Lerer said. “The healthcare marketplace is continuing to evolve, and Magellan is positioned to leverage our significant clinical and operational expertise to continue to grow. Mary’s background in successfully leading major companies through transformation will be invaluable as we look to the challenges and opportunities of the future.”