- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- KEY LEARNING: Social media, payer incentives take spotlight at Health Mart University
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Former Giant-Landover president joins Schnucks
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
DUBLIN — Alkermes has appointed a new chief commercial officer.
Mark Stejbach, who brings 25 years of experience in biotech and pharmaceutical marketing, sales, managed care and finance to his new role, will be responsible for Alkermes' commercial activities, including marketing and sales of Vivitrol and developing and executing commercial strategies for Alkermes' late-stage pipeline assets, namely ALKS 9070 (for schizophrenia), ALKS 37 (for opioid-induced constipation) and ALKS 5461 (for treatment-resistant depression).
Prior to joining the company, Stejbach served as chief commercial officer for Tengion, a leader in regenerative medicine.
“We are very pleased to welcome Mark to Alkermes, as we continue to build our commercial capabilities in preparation for the expansion of our commercial product portfolio,” Alkermes CEO Richard Pops said. “We look forward to having Mark accelerate and expand our commercial activities for Vivitrol, as well as provide forward-looking insight into our late-stage pipeline development activities. Our goal is to build Alkermes plc into one of the next great biotechnology companies, and a strong commercial capability is a key strategic asset.”