- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
NEW YORK Macy's said Thursday it will expand its in-store, open-sell Impulse Beauty concept to 54 locations by October, and another 50 in 2011. Currently, the format is featured in approximately 104 Macy’s stores.
The roughly 1,000-sq.-ft. department, which features smaller niche brands, allows customers to browse the areas independently, rather than get the one-on-one attention that is more typical at traditional department store cosmetics counters.