- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens, Rite Aid join outcry over Boston Rolling Stone cover
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
NEW YORK — L&R Distributors on Wednesday acquired the assets of SAJ Distributors, along with the private-label line Select Brand, from Walgreens. Walgreens had acquired SAJ earlier this year when it purchased USA Drug from Stephen L. LaFrance Holdings and members of the LaFrance family.
L&R will operate the existing SAJ Distribution Center and offices located in Pine Bluff, Ark., operating under the SAJ name and retaining many existing SAJ staff who work in customer service, accounting, purchasing and operations, the company stated. L&R will also maintain the existing SAJ sales staff, delivery methods and inventory mix.
Coming on the heels of L&R's recent acquisition of UNFI's Non Foods Division — previously known as Millbrook — the SAJ acquisition will layer an additional 1,000 points of distribution into L&R's client base, continuing L&R's strategic growth within the independent grocery class of trade.