- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- AmerisourceBergen reports Q4 results
NEW YORK — L&R Distributors on Wednesday acquired the assets of SAJ Distributors, along with the private-label line Select Brand, from Walgreens. Walgreens had acquired SAJ earlier this year when it purchased USA Drug from Stephen L. LaFrance Holdings and members of the LaFrance family.
L&R will operate the existing SAJ Distribution Center and offices located in Pine Bluff, Ark., operating under the SAJ name and retaining many existing SAJ staff who work in customer service, accounting, purchasing and operations, the company stated. L&R will also maintain the existing SAJ sales staff, delivery methods and inventory mix.
Coming on the heels of L&R's recent acquisition of UNFI's Non Foods Division — previously known as Millbrook — the SAJ acquisition will layer an additional 1,000 points of distribution into L&R's client base, continuing L&R's strategic growth within the independent grocery class of trade.