- 16th annual L'Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Awards to be held March 19
- L'Oréal Paris holds annual Women of Worth celebration in NYC
- L’Oréal Paris welcomes celebrity hair stylist Mara Roszak to its roster of experts
- L'Oréal's The Body Shop buys majority stake in Emporio Body Store in Brazil
- L'Oréal loosens ties with Nestlé via share buyback
NEW YORK — L'Oréal USA has introduced a new app for owners of a device that allows them to use tablet-like apps on television through an Internet connection.
The cosmetics maker announced the launch of OnBeauty, which it created under a partnership with Roku and Brightline. Roku created the app for users of connected TV, or CTV, and L'Oréal said OnBeauty would be the go-to beauty hub for CTV users. The app will feature a majority of L'Oréal USA's brands.
"We are one of the first few brands in the U.S. — and certainly one of the first beauty brands — to build unique content and an exceptional experience for the CTV audience on this new platform," L'Oréal global CMO leader Marc Speichert said. "2014 will be another big year for us as we continue to focus on new and emerging platforms that are relevant to our audience."
According to eMarketer, 43% of U.S. households have CTV.