- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
- L'Oréal USA's professional brand Matrix collaborates with Google Glass
NEW YORK L'Oreal USA has announced the promotion of An Verhulst-Santos, president of the U.S. professional products division, to managing director of the L'Oreal professional products division worldwide, effective Jan. 1, 2011.
Former brand president of L'Oreal USA's professional products division, Pat Parenty, will succeed Verhulst-Santos, effective in October, and will report to Frederic Roze, president and CEO of L'Oreal USA.
Verhulst-Santos began her career nearly 20 years ago in marketing with L'Oreal professional products in Belgium, where she became marketing director of L'Oreal Professional. In 1998, she took the position of marketing director of the Europe sector, and was appointed general manager of the professional products division in Holland in 2000. In 2004, she became general manager of the professional products division in Brazil, and four years later was promoted to her current position.
Parenty was appointed brand president of L'Oreal USA's professional products division in February 2009, overseeing the L'Oreal Professional, Kerastase, Logics, Matrix, Mizani, Pureology, Redken, Shu Uemura Art of Hair and Essie brands. He joined L'Oreal USA in 1997 as VP sales for Redken, and shortly thereafter was promoted to SVP/general manger.