NEW YORK — In celebration of its recently launched Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara, a new mascara that delivers the look of lash extensions, L'Oréal Paris is kicking off a nationwide digital contest inviting consumers to snap and upload a photo to LorealGetNoticed.com for the chance to be named the next "face" of L'Oréal Paris.
Throughout the duration of the six-week contest, one lucky winner per week will have their photographed look featured in L'Oréal Paris' Shocking Extensions Telescopic Mascara online campaign. The six weekly winners also will receive a year's supply of Shocking Extensions Telescopic Mascara and qualify to win a chance at the grand prize. One grand prize winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to New York City to be photographed by a notable celebrity photographer and featured in a national print advertisement. Additionally, the grand prize winner will receive a five-year supply of L'Oréal Paris cosmetics. The grand prize winner will be chosen by a panel of top beauty experts, including L'Oréal Paris Consulting Makeup Artist, Billy B.
"Telescopic Mascara delivers the bold look of extensions in a mascara to deliver a dramatic and shocking look," says Billy B. "It's going to be really fun to see all of the diverse and captivating beauty looks submitted for L'Oréal Paris' #GetNoticed contest and campaign — I'm thrilled to be a part of it all."
While judges will be on the lookout for shocking lashes and beautiful, on-trend makeup looks, it's important that photos convey attributes like confidence, composure, drive, energy and charisma — all qualities possessed by L'Oréal Paris' diverse set of brand ambassadors.
Entrants can follow the below tips to ensure they are taking, selecting and uploading their most shocking, get-noticed beauty look:
- Let lashes take center stage by applying a couple coats of L'Oréal Paris' Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara. This will ensure lashes have ultra-high impact length and shocking intensity — no false lashes permitted!
- Use a high-quality camera that will deliver a sharp-focus image full of detail. Look for the right lighting — the brighter, the better; but avoid too-bright sunlight that may cause squinting.
- Enlist friends to help you identify your best angle. Shooting yourself head-on, or from a bit of a downward angle is usually the most flattering way to go.
- Consider adding cool photo filters to up the drama and intensity factor.
- Finally, closely follow the instructions on LorealGetNoticed.com to learn how to correctly post and crop photo submissions into the magazine ad format provided, so that judges can see why you should be the next face of L'Oréal Paris.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.