BROOKLYN, N.Y. A university's pharmacy program is hosting its annual symposium on specialty pharmacy.
Long Island University's 30th Annual Arnold Schwartz Memorial Program, which will be held June 13 at the LaGuardia Marriott in East Elmhurst, N.Y., is designed to give pharmacists and other healthcare providers the tools to engage the specialty drug market. The symposium will include several guest speakers and discuss such topics as:
- Definition of Specialty Pharmacy Practice-overview, statistics about growth and direction
- Disease states that are being treated with specialty drugs, i.e., MS, growth deficiencies, RA, hemophilia
- Economics and billing of specialty pharmaceuticals
- How to enter the specialty market
- Operating a specialty pharmacy
There will be registration and continental breakfast beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the program beginning at 8 a.m. A luncheon will be served approximately at noon and the program will conclude at 3 p.m.
The program is sponsored by a grant from Cardinal Health.