PURCHASE, N.Y. and ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Lipton Iced Tea alongside singer and actress Katharine McPhee, celebrated the arrival of the summer solstice — the longest day of the year — by unveiling a one-of-a-kind illuminated installation to provide 24-hours of light to New Yorkers. The giant, luminous orb, named the Lipton Sun, was created in partnership with the PRATT Institute.
On June 20th, Katharine McPhee hosted the Lipton Summer Tastes Party to celebrate the inaugural lighting of the Lipton Sun. The installation remained illuminated throughout the day on June 21 to extend the celebration of the summer solstice.
"Summer is the time of year we all look forward to because longer and brighter days are perfect for fun times with friends and family. The Lipton Sun symbolizes that summer is officially here and that the possibilities are endless!" said McPhee.
"We're thrilled to have partnered with Lipton Iced Tea to bring the Lipton Sun to life in a creative way," said Eric O'Toole, assistant professor at PRATT Institute. "At the heart of this partnership is a common thread — the spirit of embracing possibilities. The students at PRATT emulate this every day and we couldn't agree more that, from a design perspective, the sun is the ultimate symbol of all the possibilities that summer has to offer."
In addition to the Lipton Sun, which will be accessible for public viewing at New York City's Beekman Beach Club from June 20th through June 24th, Lipton is hosting an array of activities to further celebrate the season and encourage people everywhere to embrace summer living, including:
- Feel the taste of summer via the Lipton "Summer Tastes Report" – Lipton is working with various celebrities and tastemakers, including actress and singer Katharine McPhee, entertainment host Mario Lopez, and NYC mixologist Scott Fitzgerald, to publish a series of "Summer Tastes Reports" – a guide to 'must-know' content, including what to see, make and do, to inspire you to feel the taste all summer long. Reports can be viewed on the Lipton Facebook pages (www.Facebook.com/LiptonUS and www.Facebook.com/LiptonIcedTea);
- Feel the taste of summer on Facebook – Consumers can visit either of Lipton's Facebook pages (www.Facebook.com/LiptonUS and www.Facebook.com/LiptonIcedTea) to upload a photo, using the hashtag #TasteofSummer, to show how they feel the taste of summer for a chance to win an all-expense paid trip for two to the Bahamas. For complete details and terms and conditions, please visit LiptonT.com.
Lipton Iced Tea comes in a variety of easy to serve formats, including Lipton Tea & Honey and a ready-to-drink line of teas.
Made from real tea leaves and fruit flavors, Lipton Tea & Honey has only 5 calories per 8 oz serving.
Some of the varieties available this season include:
- Lipton Tea & Honey blackberry pomegranate iced green tea mix;
- Lipton Tea & Honey mango pineapple iced green tea mix;
- Lipton Tea & Honey half & half berry lemonade decaf iced tea mix.
Lipton's ready-to-drink line of teas offer a delicious portfolio of flavors that are sure to please everyone's taste buds. Some of this season's most sought after flavors include:
- Lipton Ready-to-Drink Diet Green Tea Citrus;
- Lipton Ready-to-Drink Half & Half (tea & lemonade);
- Lipton Ready-to-Drink Diet Green Tea Honey Ginseng;
- Lipton Ready-to-Drink Diet Green Tea Mixed Berry.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.