- FDA re-examining risk profile of FDA-approved testosterone products
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Actavis seeks approval for generic testosterone-replacement drug
INDIANAPOLIS — A topical drug made by Eli Lilly restored testosterone to normal levels in men with abnormally low testosterone, according to results of a late-stage clinical trial.
Lilly announced results of a phase-3 trial of Axiron (testosterone) topical solution, a treatment for the condition, also known as hypogonadism. Study results also showed that the drug improved symptoms associated with it.
Hypogonadism results from damage or disease of the testicles, hypothalamus or pituitary glands that inhibits production of testosterone.