- La Roche-Posay's commitment to sun safety education continues with SOS program
- La Roche-Posay selects first winner of its 'Dermatologist from the Heart' program
- Kiss My Face gears up for summer with latest sun care products
- CCA Industries inks outsourcing deal with the Emerson Group as part of restructuring
- CCA Industries sees loss in fiscal 2013
NEW YORK — La Roche-Posay once again is looking to inform Americans about the dangers of UV rays and the importance of sun safety with its second annual awareness campaign.
The company's SOS – Save Our Skin campaign will focus on education and the importance of routine skin checks through viral and grassroots components. To promote education, more than 8,000 kits that contain all the tools to educate patients regarding a proper skin check will be distributed to dermatologists, the company said.
La Roche-Posay also will launch the new "My UV Check" iPhone application as part of its viral campaign component, which will provide an index for the day's UVA and UVB exposure in the user's location, as well as educate and alert users of the dangers of UVA and UVB exposure and more.
Additionally, as part of the campaign's grassroots component, La Roche-Posay will make a grant of $750,000 to the Women's Dermatologic Society over a three-year period to support the WDS Play Safe in the Sun campaign.
La Roche-Posay also noted that while the campaign again will live on the SOS – Save Our Skin website, SOSsaveourskin.com, there also will be a new Facebook page, which will communicate the mission and details of the ongoing public awareness campaign.