- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
WHAT IT MEANS AND WHY IT'S IMPORTANT — Internet.bs, huh? Hmm ... wonder what the BS stands for?
(THE NEWS: At least one-third of rogue pharmacies under one domain name registrar, report finds. For the full story, click here)
LegitScript, a company that verifies online pharmacies, went undercover, saying that it was interested in having Internet.bs host its illegal online pharmacies.
LegitScript did everything it could think of to show the illegality of its “Pay-Rx.biz,” and yet Internet.bs was glad to take the business. Heck, it even provided the president’s personal cell phone number. Talk about great customer service.
Well, kudos to LegitScript for getting to the bottom of this!
According to LegitScript, Internet.bs, one of about 450 domain name registrars accredited by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, accounts for 0.2% of the total registered domains online, but between 32.9% and 44% of the rogue online pharmacy domains, not including the ones that LegitScript registered. Another registrar, ABSystems, has an additional 17.3% of rogue pharmacy domain names.
If any one of the individuals involved with Internet.bs or ABSystems sets foot in the United States, perhaps a fitting punishment would be to lock them up and force them to take the crap drugs it was trying to sell to innocent people.