- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Walgreens takes top honors for MTM services
- Kroger looking to expand its footprint into new markets, both physical and digital
- Six pharmacy retailers recognized for diversity business opportunities
- Kroger names in-house veteran group VP non-perishables
CINCINNATI — Kroger was bestowed with Alliance to Save Energy's top award at the organization's annual awards dinner.
The retailer said it received ASE's "Galaxy" Star of Energy Efficiency for utilizing a variety of practices, including ways to increase energy efficiency, employing such technology as LED lights and engaging store associates in energy savings initiatives. To view Kroger's full ASE nomination, click here.
"We are honored to receive this recognition from the Alliance to Save Energy," Kroger chairman and CEO David Dillon said. "This is a real tribute to Kroger's 339,000 associates who bring our energy saving programs to life every day. We will continue to work tirelessly in all areas of our business to reduce energy consumption."