- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
- Prevention key as people forgo sick days
CINCINNATI — Kroger is highlighting immunization against the flu this season on the company's website.
Although Kroger has provided a triple protection flu vaccine — which protects against H1N1, H3N2 and influenza B viruses — to customers since September 2010 at its 1,900 in-store pharmacies and 77 Little Clinic locations, the retailer noted its inoculation offering on its site with a flu facts page that features a "The Flu ends with U!" header and links to Flu.gov and other sites.
During the holiday season, Kroger offered free flu shot vouchers to underinsured and uninsured customers.