- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Walgreens takes top honors for MTM services
- Kroger looking to expand its footprint into new markets, both physical and digital
- Kroger names in-house veteran group VP non-perishables
- Kroger gearing up to keep Express Scripts patients; reports 35th consecutive quarter of positive ID sales
CINCINNATI — Kroger at its family of stores this past weekend extended its Honoring Our Heroes campaign, an initiative designed to benefit the United Service Organizations.
Kroger's yearlong initiative is expected to raise $1 million to support the USO's mission to support our troops, their families and veterans. This past weekend, Kroger invited customers to donate spare change to the USO via in-store specially marked coin boxes. The funds raised support the programs and services the USO provides to service members and their families, Kroger said.
"Without essential partners like Kroger, it would be impossible for the USO to fulfill its mission of lifting the spirits of our men and women in uniform and their families," USO president Sloan Gibson said. "This campaign is a wonderful way for Americans to show their gratitude and say 'thank you' to those who sacrifice every day for our freedom."