- Kroger: Customer First strategy contributes to 34 consecutive quarters of positive IDs
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Kroger gearing up to keep Express Scripts patients; reports 35th consecutive quarter of positive ID sales
- Kroger looking to expand its footprint into new markets, both physical and digital
- Walgreens takes top honors for MTM services
CINCINNATI — Kroger last week extended its partnership with the USO to celebrate and thank the men and women of the armed forces and their families, the supermarket operator announced.
Kroger's Honoring Our Heroes in-store campaign will provide $2.3 million to support the USO's broad range of programs that assist service members and their families.
Beginning May 28 and during the ensuing two weeks, store-wide promotions will feature hundreds of popular products at special sale prices. Customized shelf tags will highlight participating items, including Kroger's own products and items from key partners including Unilever, Coca Cola, Kraft, Nestle, Frito Lay, Procter & Gamble, ConAgra and Dannon.
All of the funds raised will support the broad range of programs and services the USO provides to service members and their families; wounded, ill and injured troops and veterans. Since 2010, Kroger has provided more than $5 million to support the USO.