- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
- Kmart, Sears launch new leasing program for holiday season
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Sears and Kmart are offering an online pre-sale to members of the Shop Your Way loyalty card program, parent company Sears Holdings said.
The retailers said they would offer more than 1,000 doorbusters as part of the pre-sale on Nov. 22 at Sears.com and on Nov. 24 at Kmart.com.
"Shop Your Way members always get more, and giving early access to Black Friday doorbusters is the ultimate shopping perk," Sears Holdings EVP and president for marketing, online and financial services Imran Jooma said. "Sears and Kmart also offer integrated retail conveniences like free store pick-up, Anywhere, Anyone Pick-Up and online layaway options to help you manage your holiday budget."
While many mass merchandise retailers are planning to start Black Friday shopping early, mostly on Thanksgiving evening, many Kmart customers strongly criticized the retailer last week due to its decision to open stores at 6 a.m. Thanksgiving morning. Kmart's rent-to-own program has also come under criticism. According to published reports, it charges the equivalent of 100% interest or more, resulting in a $300 TV costing $415, though the retailer has defended it by saying it helps low-income consumers who may not qualify for credit, and its costs are lower than competitors'.