- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Oramed announces publication in diabetes journal
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Walgreens offer catapults chain to diabetes care stardom
- FDA approves Bayer Diabetes Care's Contour USB blood glucose meter
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Kmart Pharmacy is hosting its semi-annual diabetes education day on Wednesday at Kmart locations nationwide.
As part of its diabetes education day, Kmart is offering blood-glucose meter demonstrations; blood pressure, body mass index and memory screenings; and educational information on raising diabetes awareness to its pharmacy patients. According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 23 million people in the United States have diabetes, which accounts for about 8% of the population.
Click here for more information about Kmart Pharmacy's health events.