- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. — Kinney Drugs, which operates 91 stores in central and northern New York and Vermont, has announced the recent promotion of 30-year company veteran Owen Halloran to SVP pharmacy procurement.
As SVP pharmacy procurement, Halloran is responsible for overseeing all pharmaceutical purchasing for Kinney Drugs retail, mail-order and institutional pharmacy. Halloran has led the pharmacy purchasing department since 1996 and third-party contracting since 1999. He began his career with Kinney Drugs in 1978 as a staff pharmacist, and later served in several management positions, including his recent position of VP professional services. Halloran serves as a board member on the Kinney Drugs Foundation and the Canton-Potsdam Hospital.
"The knowledge and experience of Owen Halloran complement the Kinney Drugs mission of providing the highest-quality pharmacy, health and retail services to the communities we serve," stated Bridget-ann Hart, president and COO of Kinney Drugs. "We will continue to benefit from his leadership and look forward to his contributions as we continue building our employee-owned company."